Our whole school approach: high expectations and creativity
We believe that children learn best when there is consistency and continuity in our approach. We hold common expectations of our practice and through mutual challenge and support we ensure that it is of a consistently high quality.
- Each teacher takes a full and determined responsibility for the progress of all of the pupils in their class.
- Teachers have consistently high expectations of all pupils in all areas of their learning and school-life.
- All staff share responsibility for the development of the children, particularly in relation to developing their basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- All children have opportunities to make outstanding progress through improving and extending their skills, knowledge and understanding across all lessons and activities.
- Excellence is promoted within an exciting, secure, and happy environment.
- We organise our curriculum into a subject based approach with some topic teaching and cross curricular organisation.
Oakthorpe Primary School acts in a ‘lead school’ role in providing the School Direct Salaried Programme and a SCITT programme. We work in partnership with other schools in the surrounding area to offer a school-based route into teaching.
Details about applying for places, eligibility and funding can be found on the 2Schools Consortium website.
Here is a quote from our last Ofsted report:
‘Excellent teaching and high levels of care, support
and interest in each individual pupil contribute greatly
to the pupils’ excellent achievements. This is a lively,
action-packed place of learning, filled with fun and
happiness. Pupils love their school and develop into
confident young people with a zest for learning and
an intelligent interest in life.’